Westminster, London SW1H 9NH
What is Movement Day UK 2017?
Movement Day UK is a historic 2 day gathering of church leaders as well as leaders and practitioners (emerging and established) from many areas of society who share a heart for the transformation of their towns and cities.
These people have a common vision – they share a passion to see their places transformed in every area of culture and that such transformation is characterised by spiritual, cultural and social change. They recognise that people and our places matter to God. They know there is a need to work together and have a joined-up approach for the sake of their places. They realise that each of us has a part to play in sharing, bearing and bringing the kingdom of God to our places.
There is a need for intentional and significant conversations around crucial subjects. What would happen if we worked more strategically together? How could our towns and cities be in 20-30 years’ time? How do we imagine and work towards transformation? What is the role of the gospel and the church in this?
This two day gathering provides an opportunity to look at answers to these questions as well as:
- Relationally connect, network and build new partnerships
- Hear and share stories of unity, collaboration and transformation. Stories of success and also learning from failure.
- Explore best practice and grapple with the real challenges we face in the church and specific areas of society
- Pray and worship together – demonstrating that the Gospel crosses all boundaries
- Be better equipped as an ‘agent of transformation’ and look at ways to strategically and intentionally work together
- Deepen our understanding and application of the role of the gospel and church in the transformation of our society
- Explore specific subjects and issues related to unity, transformation and areas of society we are most closely connected to